I don’t remember the last time we had enchiladas. But now that I have this Easy Chicken Enchiladas recipe, they’ve become a regular in our dinner rotation. This recipe is simple and can easily be doubled for leftovers or meal prep.
I created this recipe for a project with Truly Grass Fed. They sent me their cheeses months ago and I instantly fell in love. Their cheese is easily the best I’ve ever had and I don’t say that lightly. Their smooth, rich flavor is out of this world.
I love that their cheeses are Non-GMO, 95% grass fed, and free from rBST hormones. Here’s an interesting fact about rBST: rBST has not been allowed since at least 2000 on the market in Canada, or since 1990 the European Union. But yet we settle for it here in America?! It baffles me what we allow in our foods but other countries have banned it.
Truly Grass Fed cheese is the perfect cheese for snack boards or even dinner boards. And their cheese has become a favorite ingredient in my family’s grilled cheese. It also makes a yummy salad topping! From grilled cheese to enchiladas, the possibilities are endless with Truly Grass Fed cheese.
And that brings me to these Easy Enchiladas! This recipe doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. In fact, I bet you already most of them in your pantry. I made these twice in one week for my family. And then I made a big batch for when our small group came over for dinner – it was a huge hit. And my family is still asking for more!
Ingredients for Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
You’ll need these simple ingredients for the enchiladas:
Truly Grass Fed Cheddar Cheese
How simple is that? I’m already planning to make a batch or two so I can freeze them ahead of baby’s arrival. It will come in handy when I come home from the hospital while adjusting to a newborn and two other littles!
You can totally eat these as your whole meal but I love adding veggies whenever I can. So we eat the enchiladas with a simple side salad. My girls aren’t big on salads so I just give them the veggies on the side.
I hope you and your family loves this recipe as much as mine does. Seconds were always wanted so go ahead and double the recipe now. I love hearing what recipes you are trying and have loved! Share them with me on Instagram or comment below.
Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
8 corn tortillas
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small onion, diced
1 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 large tomato, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1-2 green onions, chopped
1 avocado, cubed
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a small saucepan, add a drizzle of olive oil and add the onions, sauteeing until onions are soft and cooked through.
3. When the onions are done, add the tomato sauce, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and water until well combined. Let simmer for a few minutes.
4. Remove the enchilada sauce from the stove, reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce for the top and begin to assemble the enchiladas.
5. Place the tortilla shells in between paper towels and microwave for 30-60 seconds or until super soft. This will make rolling them easier.
6. Reserve 1/4 cup of cheese for the topping.
7. For each shell add: sauce, black beans, chicken, and cheese. Roll them up and place in a 9 x 10 baking dish. Repeat until all shells are filled.
8. Top with 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce and use a spoon to spread over the shells. Add 1/4 cup of shredded cheese to the top and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
9. Top enchiladas with cilantro, green onions, tomatoes, and avocado. Eat on it’s own or serve with side salad.