Whether you’re heading off to a Christmas party or to a cookie exchange this holiday season, or if you’re like me and just craving the most delicious cookie EVER...I want to introduce you to these Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies.
It’s the season for baking and I love cranking up the Christmas music and baking all the holiday goodies. And just because it’s the holidays doesn’t mean you have to miss out on holiday treats...especially if you are gluten-free! These Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are gluten-free, made with simple ingredients, sweetened with coconut sugar, and the candy canes I used are organic, dye free, naturally flavored, no high fructose corn syrup! A total win when wanting to make wholesome treats with quality ingredients.
One of my favorite things about the holidays is all the peppermint flavors. And when you add chocolate and peppermint it’s basically a dream come true. I was originally going to make just regular chocolate chip peppermint cookies but at the last minute I decided double chocolate was the way to go. And I’m so glad I went that route because gooey chocolate and peppermint are the perfect combination.
Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 ½ tbsp cocoa powder
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
5 Wholesome candy canes, crushed
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine dry ingredients, minus the chocolate chips and candy canes, in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix eggs and coconut oil until well combined.
4. Add in the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Add in chocolate chips and candy cane pieces.
6. Use a cookie scoop to scoop cookies onto a baking sheet.
7. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
8. Optional to crush another candy cane and sprinkle on top.